Why is cycling in the Netherlands as popular as it is right now? In several of our recent projects we have formulated the answer to this question. Some examples:
– On behalf of the Dutch Cycling Embassy a research was undertaken to find out how the Dutch government and NGO’s could help to promote the bike culture in Colombia and how the Dutch bike industry could benefit (2015). Click here to read the full report. We were menber of the Dutch Cycling Embassy.
– The Netherlands was country of honour of the book fair of Bogotá, Colombia. Inside the Dutch pavilion an exhibition about the history of cycling was presented. We collaborated in the design and content of this exhibition.
– A webinar was given to the local and national government of Costa Rica (2015, 2016) and Guatamala (2016) about the org, soft and hardware of biking.
– Panama would like to promote biking in the city centre. A training was given to discuss the holistic approach and which role the different stakeholders have in making the cycling project a success.
– The theme of the Colombian Week of Transport was biking and as a present to this week a movie was made in which government officials explained their role at the national and local scale in promoting biking. Click here to see the movie.
– Presentations at several conferences such as BiziBic 2017 (San Sebastian, Spanje), UN Habitat III (Quito, Ecuador, 2016), Semana Nacional de la Movilidad Sostenible and the World Bike Forum. Interviews are published in El Tiempo, radio station “Baires en bici” in Buenos Aires, TeleMedellin and at “Plataform Urbana”
– Tours were organized for several groups of officals that have visited the Netherlands. Normally cycling in the Netherlands was one of their interests and we showed several other projects about sustainable urbanism.
– We also contributed to several magazines about the advantages of cycling. For example, Sjees, the Dutch magazine about cycling culture, published an article about giving priorities.